“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.” Zig Ziglar.
The Business League community was fortunate to have breakfast with Serial Entrepreneur, Jason Pilgrim on Tuesday, the 19th of September, 2017.
Jason owns 6 successful businesses, mainly in the allied health industry, and recently also purchased a bank (as you do!). He shared many inspiring insights that I hope will benefit you also.
The first I wanted to note is his tenacious spirit, an attribute essential for a successful entrepreneur. Jason told us about his experience as a child rising at 4am to swim laps in a pool when it was -10 degrees (or something ridiculous) outside. Also, each weekend he would spend hours in industrial areas fundraising for causes raising up to $500 a day. He obviously was born with the entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make change and defy the odds.
While these attributes are a good starting point, there are many other factors for success in business (and life) as an adult. Your industry, your team, your vision, mission and goals.
Which of these statements/ideas shared by Jason resonate most strongly with you?
- If you tell me I can’t do something, I’ll do it anyway and prove you wrong! Jason spoke of the Tall Poppy Syndrome in the business world in Australia. People often question your dreams and downgrade what you do, don’t listen to them, realise your inner child and dream big.
- To be successful in pursuing your dreams leverage off relationships and have the mindset: what can I do for that person, what do they need and how can help?
- 5 words get me out of bed in the morning; “to empower and inspire lifestyle abundance.” All decisions Jason makes in business and life are led by this vision and mission and whether it will move him closer to achieving his goal.
- His goal? He wants to positively influence 20 million people by 2025! He has already helped 860 companies to grow in the last few years so this goal should not be too hard to achieve…
- Fear of success holds us back. Don’t fear making a mistake. The first time you make a “mistake”, call it a lesson instead.
- Learn from your mistakes and ensure you are surrounded by good advisors to support you
- Learn to grow the whole pie, the entire industry by 10% rather than just your business as that will have a flow on effect. This concept reverts to Ziglar’s quote – help people achieve what they want!
- Jason’s mission started with his desire to change the lives of registered nurses and automate finances with the touch of button. He achieved this and did so much more. He has enabled nurses to enter into a business for $750 which now earns them $150K.
- Gratitude – be grateful for what you have. Be always grateful but never satisfied!
Two challenges for you this week:
- Write your vision, mission and goal for 2025 and share it below. This will take some time but worth it. If you can create 5 words like Jason did to get you moving and share it, I will see how I (or someone in my network) can help you achieve your goal.
- Find 3 things every morning you are grateful for and start your day with these. The expression of gratitude creates dopamine and serotonin. Research shows that just thinking about how grateful you are is beneficial.
LinkedIn provides so many avenues to share your story, build thought leadership and find your community. To learn more, please message me for the link to my next online LinkedIn Profile Makeover session.
Christie McCabe is a LinkedIn expert and story-teller who specialises in creating strategies that promote your brand, enhance your reputation and helps you to genuinely connect with your community leading to bigger and better business.
Founder of Connection Kernel, a premium, personalised LinkedIn Marketing Consultancy offering a range of training and do-it-for-you LinkedIn services for individuals and companies. Together, we boost your Profile and build a smart and strategic marketing plan using the powerful social sales tool, LinkedIn. #LinkedIn Coaching #LinkedIn Strategy #LinkedIn Profile Writing #LinkedIn Marketing #LinkedIn Video #Social Selling